For animal emergencies, complaints or concerns
please call John Rankins
Phone: (207) 939-4475
Fax: (207) 353-5367
Animals are taken to:
Coastal Humane Society:
30 Range Road
Brunswick, ME 04011
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Examples of Work (Illustrative Only):
- Investigates complaints concerning the regulation, licensing and control of dogs and other animals.
- Determines if any State laws or municipal ordinances have been violated and takes appropriate action such as catching, confining or quarantining dogs or other animals.
- Responds to complaints about loose or stray animals, and attempts to collect them.
- Issues warnings, or citations, to animal owners and appears as a witness in District Court as necessary.
- Delivers captured animals to the Animal Hospital.
- Rescues, or aids in the rescue of trapped, wounded, sick or injured animals.
- Maintains all necessary reports and records on incidents involving stray or wild animals.